Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 8 and Day 9

Finished and Successful!

Tonight is the opening. Everything was finished on time. I will enter the space this evening, take some pictures and sit it just in case anyone comes in. There is no official opening but I will go prepared. I have met a great many people over the last week but one person has left a lasting impression. All in all though the experience of interacting with the public has been special. I have given two tours, one a small group of public school students. The second one today was very informal and was given to a large group of high school artists, they were taking painting and had done a number of artistic attractions that day already.

The show looks good. In total there are nine works plus a small memorial in one of the alcoves. I made all the labels and the didactic by hand. I enjoyed it actually and they are floating on a small piece of foam core. Charlie, the tech at the gallery helped me extensively. He set things up, did lighting and helped me hang the pieces. Whenever I needed something he was there to helpout. The front desk staff helped as well. I am extremely grateful to all those involved and even though their parts may seem small, it comes together as a whole. Pictures of the works will follow this evening.

I am leaving a guest book and info on how to contact me, I want to get as much feed back as possible. paul.

No comments: