Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dec 4th and 5th

Day four and Day five 6:31pm…

I have been working for the last two days on and off. I managed to get some work done in the common room of the British hotel where I am staying. I made the smallest piece which was a good tester. Although I have made countless drawings in my lifetime and I have been through the process that I am using for these works in my head a hundred times it was necessary to make sure that all will go as planned.

It worked rather well, the end result being quite attractive, though a bit rough. It is the image of the boat that the family travelled on to get to Canada. This morning I went to St James where I am being allowed to use a board room. The location suits my purposes just fine as I just needed space to size and cut the drawings and begin working on the first layers. I managed to get the two portraits of my grandparents first layer finished and will draw them completely. With these two smaller ones done, and the ship that would make three out of a quite a few. The larger drawings will take a lot less time as it is not as detailed work. After the grandparents I am working on a drawing with the great grandparents. When this is done I can move on to the three large drawings. I believe that given one full day of work uninterrupted I can be finished the majority of the drawing by Tuesday night. This will give enough time to do labels and hang the works. The first drawings are laying quite flat, I have no worries that they will hang well on the wall and will only have to battle the natural curve of the paper from its original roll.

So far I am not feeling very stressed. I am more worried about the fact that the temperature is dropping in Malta and that there is no heating in the room. This of course is expected as it is a Maltese way of life. I bought thermal underwear in London, this would be forward thinking at its best, and quite possible easier on my bones.

I am happy with the way that things are going. If all goes well I should have time to relax and visit relatives after the opening and perhaps spend a few days in Gozo sightseeing or somewhere else. I hadn’t really thought past the creation of the work because it was all I could think about, so I have not planned anything. Though I imagine that there is something that I can do and it will come to me.

I will see about posting photos, still no card reader.

No comments: